Welcome to the Broyhill Equestrian Preserve
The Preserve has been home for the Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show since 1928. A history of the Preserve and the Show is located here.
Located less than a mile from historic downtown Blowing Rock is the High Country’s most historic equestrian facility. The present-day facility boasts 17 barns with 450 stalls, and a 260’ X 135’ oval arena with a grandstand. Directly across the arena from the grandstand are 71 two-story private box seats. A second show ring measuring 255’ X 115’ is conveniently visible from the second story boxes. A third 227’ X 140’ schooling ring is in the middle of the barn complex. There are 35 camper locations with power and water. Thirteen camper sites have sewer hook-ups.
The Preserve is open from May through October each year. We can accommodate 22 long-term boarders and except for the weeks of the Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show, the 450 stalls are available for rent by the day, week or month.
2017 Season Fees
- Horse van and trailer day parking – $ 10.00 Per day
- Short term stabling – $ 25.00 Per night per stall
- Long term boarding – $ 650.00 and/or $750 per month
- Camper site rental – $ 25.00 per night—50 amp electric and water 13 sites have sewer.
- Bagged Shavings – $ 6.00 per bag
Facility Rental – Price negotiated based on requirements
Preserve Rules and Regulations
Negative Coggins documentation must be presented prior to unloading
- Check-in and Checkout is by 5 PM each day. Arrangements for an off-hour check-in must be made in advance.
- Stalls must be bedded with adequate pine shavings. You may bring your own, or purchase bales from the preserve at $6 per bag. One bag per day is usually sufficient.
- For the safety of horses and horse lovers, please walk your horses on Preserve property.
- Turnout is not available for overnight horses.
- Please supervise your pets. For safety, dogs must be leashed and under control at all times
- Please tie your horse securely in designated areas (i.e. wash racks). A loose horse can be disruptive at the least and dangerous at the most.
- As a courtesy to your fellow campers, please do not exceed the 15’ width allowed for each campsite.
- Do not block any vehicles: autos, construction, or Preserve equipment.
- Mayview Park is a residential neighborhood. Please show courtesy to our neighbors and restrict loud noises after dark.
- Please place all manure in proper manure bins. Stall cleaning equipment is not provided.
- Please contain and remove all trash and disposables. Take nothing but pictures leave; nothing but hoof prints.
- Please enter and depart the Moses Cone Memorial Park via the Carriage Road across Laurel Lane from the Preserve driveway.
Important Preserve Information
The Broyhill Equestrian Preserve is open from the First of May to the end of October.
The primary feature of the Preserve is the 25 mile of Carriage Roads in the beautiful Moses Cone Memorial Park, which lies directly adjacent to the Preserve. The Cone Park is a major component of the 429-mile Blue Ridge Parkway a unit of the National Park Service. The Cone Carriage Roads are open to only hikers, runners, cross-country skiers and horses.
The Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show Foundation owns the Preserve. The Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show is the primary fundraiser for the Foundation. In order to host this historic event, now approaching 100 years of continuous operation, the Preserve is closed to overnight stabling and parking during the shows.
The Saddlebred Division of the show arrives in early June for a week each year. The Hunters & Jumpers are on site for two weeks toward the end of July and the first of August. Please call 828-295-4700 to confirm both the show dates and to make your stall and camper reservation.
Unfortunately, the Preserve does not own horses and cannot offer rental horses or organized trail rides however, you, your friends and your horses are always welcome to stay with us, “Ride the Blue Ridge” and to enjoy the unparalleled hospitality of the Highlands.Plan ahead:
Check the calendar of events at http://blowingrockhorses.com/calendar
Call early for reservations! Holidays and peak weekends fill up quickly.
Arrive before 5PM
Make suggestions on how we can improve.